Learning and Development Grants for Macmillan Professionals
Welcome to the new and improved grants system. If you are an existing user please read the guidance in step one of the application process to access the system. If you are a new user please read all guidance.
Macmillan provides individual and group grants to support the learning and development of both Macmillan professionals and the team in which they work.
Individual grants can be used to attend relevant conferences and courses which support your role and career development as a Macmillan professional.
Group grants can be used to provide bespoke development support for whole teams. Only the applicant needs to be a Macmillan professional.
Travel and Accommodation Expenses
Travel and accommodation expenses should not be claimed as part of your L&D Grant application: please see the travel and accommodation expenses policy for more information.
Read our L&D Grants Policy before starting a new application.
- Step 1
You will need to create a profile. You only need to do this once, but can edit your profile at any time if your details change. You can set your own password, allowing you to log-in and create your grant application.
Please do not create more than one profile. If you are an existing user and previously used an access key or can’t remember your password please click the ‘reset your password’ button and provide the email address you used. You will then get an email from the system with a link to reset your password. You will need to ensure your profile is complete and up to date before you can submit any applications.
Please note we are no longer using Access Keys.
- Step 2
Complete your application for your L&D Individual or Group grant, ensuring you attach the relevant supporting evidence.
- Step 3
Submit your application. You will receive email confirmation of receipt, explaining when you will hear if your application has been successful.
- The deadline for receipt of completed applications for courses starting by the 1st of the following month is the 15th of each month. E.g. If your courses starts on or after the 1st April, the last closing date for your application is the 15th March. We recommend you submit your application by 15th February at the latest in this case so you have time to resubmit if your application is declined.
|Course Start Date||Final Application Deadline||Preferred Application Deadline|
|June 1st||15th May||15th March or April|
- You must attach evidence of the course you are applying for to enable us to assess your application. The evidence must be official documentation from the provider, and should clearly outline the course details, dates, costs you are claiming for, and provider contact details. Save your evidence as a word document or PDF and please note that we do not accept hyperlinks to websites as evidence as this does not meet our audit requirements.
- Occasionally technical issues arise where your work IT system may prevent you from completing your application. If you encounter problems, please try submitting your application from a different computer, such as from home. In most cases this resolves the problem. For this reason, please aim to complete your application a few days before the 15th of the month deadline to avoid any delays with your application.
Support with your Application
We aim to provide you with the support you need to submit a successful application. If you need help at any stage of the application process, please use the following to help you:
- For advice on whether the learning you want to apply for is likely to be approved, and on how to submit the best application, you need to speak to your regional Learning and Development team. Contact details can be found on the L&D Grants Policy.
- For support when applying, including any technical queries and how to complete the application form, please click on the ‘L&D Grant support’ button in the top right hand corner of the website or visit L&D Grants Support. We aim to reply to you the same day.
- Once you submit an application, you will be notified that it has been received and advised on when a decision will be made. Due to the high volume of applications, decisions are made between the 20th and the end of the month. You will receive an email during this period asking you to log on to find out if your application has been approved.
- If you have any questions about the application process or the site in general, please visit L&D Grants Support.